Sunday, December 9, 2012

MYST Q2 #2: The Unquiet(2008)



The Unquiet(2008)
This movie was a Lifetime Movie made in 2008 and directed by Bill Corcoran. Bill Corcoran is also known for Tribulation Force(2002) and Quints(2000). Quints (2000)was a Disney Channel Movie about a family who is surprised with quintuplets and was one of my favorites when I was little. This was one of those movies that my friends and I found on Demand and decided to watch. This was a movie about a woman named Julie Bishop (played by Cara Buono) who wants to investigate an old abandoned prison. During her investigation, she finds out that her ex-husband, Tom (played by Chris William Martin) is also doing some kind of documentary of the prison. They decide to team up together and find information. During their filming process they are frightened by sounds and voices they hear and things they see move that they know they shouldn't  I really did not like this movie at all and I do not recommend anyone to see it. I would give it 1 star out of 5.
This movie had some really different things than from an ordinary film. One thing that was different was that at some points in the film it was filmed through a video camera. Since the characters in the film were making a documentary, it fit that the audience saw through the video camera. But the bad side of seeing through a video camera is that it was really shakey and the camera was on a slanted angle some of the time. This made me a little dizzy and I really didn't like it. Other than that, the movie had many of the same angles and shots that other films have including full body shots, close ups, and a crane shot.

Since it was a Lifetime Movie, I really was not expecting anything special. I personally thought that the acting was really bad. It looked as if the actors and actresses were trying to make some parts look fake. The part I am thinking of was when the lady who reads energies is reading one and a demon comes insider of her. It looks so fake it was funny.

All in all, I really did not like this film at all. If you like films that are cheesy and fake, this would be a great film for you to watch. But other than that, I did not lioke it and would not recommend this movie to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment